Production Diary for Music Video


Adding of Shots

The production for my music video first started off by adding all my footage to my library on the movie creator (imovie). Then, using my shot list and script, I deciphered which clips needed to go in which time phrase to complete my music video. It was important that I did this as I wanted each my shots to be no longer than 4 seconds, this therefore helped me with the organisation of my music video and made it more efficient for me to figure out which clips needed to be shortened. 


Editing Shots

Furthermore, it was important that I stuck to my idea of having the majority of my shots no longer than 4 seconds, due to the fact that some of my shots were longer than my intended limit, I took it upon myself to shorten specific shots in order to make my video more professional. Similarly, I had to lengthen some of my shots in order to keep the effect I was going for. The reason for editing some of shots is because I wanted to keep the viewer intrigued and aimed to keep the music video as interesting as possible.



Adding and Synchronising Music

I then added in the music for my video, however, I had to make sure that it was correct in terms of timings and length. I therefore, did several checks to ensure that it was perfectly timed from the start to the end of  my music video. This included synchronising the music to start of the music video leaving a gap between the credits of the production logos and the video itself. Moreover, in some parts of the video I decided to fade the music (specifically at the end) in order to add an intended effect.



Transitions and Brightness 


Finally, I decided to add a mix of transitions into my video between shots. I believe this helped my video to have a better flow and easier understanding as oppose to just having shot after shot, this would therefore make my video uninteresting and confusing in my opinion. I used transitions such as cross dissolve, fade to black and cross blur. In addition to some of my shots were shot at night and in the majority of them, its unclear to see what they are showing. Therefore on each of the clips, I went to their individual brightness settings and changed it to full. In the video now, its much clearer as the shots have been changed so that it doesn't look as dark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shooting Script

Music Website Analysis

Props and Costumes